The concept of Value Exchange is key to stategic decisions about creating Value for an organisation, business or enterprise. The basic exchange of Value is between the owners (or owner representatives) and the organisation in which they are invested.
When owners/partners do the Value Exchange Activity to define what Value they seek from, and Value they want to contribute to their organisations, there are moments of clarity and opportunity. With this potent knowledge, they use their executive power to make strategic plans; they firm up their expectations; unnecessary stress is reduced, and creativity is released.
Read about the Value Exchange concept in detail in this article: Value-based approach for enterprise strategy.
The Business Owner (aka Organisational Leader, Enterprise Owner) Value Perspective is part of a multiple perspective view of value in your organisation. Consider also Customer and Employee perspectives for richer synergies and opportunities.
Business Owner Exchange Cards
The Value Elements in this set take the perspective of a Business Owner, and the word choice reflects this enterprise owner perspective.
Basic Card Set contains:
- 66 Business Owner Value Element cards
- 6 Blank cards for adding new Value Elements to your set
- Instruction booklet for doing basic Value Exchange Activity for Business Owner perspective
- Value Exchange Ledger Sheet (A4 size PDF; also available to download and print)
Contact us for bulk orders of cards.
Who are the cards for?
- Business/Enterprise Owners
- Organisation Leadership/Governance Team
- Board Members
- Joint Venture Partners
Business Owner Value Exploration
For guided support when first using these cards, we offer a Thinking Partner session (60-90 min) or Value in Business Workshop. Cards are included in the session or workshop fee.
Who is the workshop for?
- Teams or groups doing strategic planning; an initial activity to orientate planning to value-based approach
- Owners/Partners exploring what’s important as they start a venture; and when they check-in during the venture
A list of resources to enrich and extend your use of the cards:
- Value-based approach for enterprise strategy – an overview of the value-based approach for enterprise strategy
- Business Strategic Planning Architecture (PDF) – a diagram of key planning/design elements
- Business Motivation Model (BMM) Method – an explanation of the BMM Method. In a value-based approach to strategy, Value Elements are the focus of the Goals and Strategies you articulate in your BMM
- Business Model Canvas – Extended Method – an explanation of how the BMC can be extended to include the Business Owner Value perspective
- Enterprise Value Map Method – a set of instructions for creating an Enterprise Value Map
- Business Owner Value Exchange Ledger sheet (A4 PDF)
We’d love to hear from you. We invite you to share with us:
- A suggestion for additional Value Elements to add to the collection
- Your story about using the Value Exchange Cards and getting a great outcome
- A suggestion for an Activity using the Cards