Forming a team to excel
Teams don’t just happen, they are made. They are made through conversations, shared experiences and mutually supported intentions. In contemporary organisations, teams can be formed for short-term collaborative projects. Such teams can often miss out on the critical ‘forming’ activities, as there is a strong push to start producing outcomes for the project. A team that is well calibrated will produce those outcomes and do it more effectively, with greater harmony, greater work satisfaction, and greater quality of outcomes. That’s the team you want for your collaborative endeavours!
Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.
~ Henry Ford
Who is it for?
This workshop is for teams who want to:
- Form together as a team (an ensemble) to unlock the team’s full potential
- Increase self-knowledge about being better team-mates
- Develop effective practices in working collaboratively
Typical participants include:
- Newly formed or restructured teams who are expected to work together collaboratively
- Individuals who don’t share the same reporting lines who have come together in cross-functional teams to work on special projects
What does it cover?
The workshop progresses from concepts to practical activities to use in the workplace. Themes include:
- Making sense of collaboration compared to other forms of working together
- Everyday activities for calibrating as a team
- Acting together without a script (lessons from Applied Improv)
- Appreciating and valuing teammates for their talents, experience and style
- Bonding as a team, knowing self and each other in the context of team
- Supporting each other in well-being and navigating challenges
- Empowerment and taking responsibility for adding value
- Spheres of Control, Influence and Concern; and effective ways to influence
How will it help you?
You will gain:
- Framework for calibrating through five key conversations
- Practical advice for continuous calibrating as a team
- New or renewed energy in being together as a team
- Greater relationship and rapport with each other
- Potential to experience higher levels of satisfaction at work
- Unique team-shared contextual knowledge about how you can work better together
- Increased mastery in a core high-value 21st century workscape skill (collaboration)
- Increased team potential to excel and be effective in serving its customers/clients
- Whole day session
- Small group (6-12 people)
- Interactive, hands-on group activity
- At your site or off-site
- Facilitated conversation and personal reflection
- Safe space to explore and challenge old ways of thinking
- Making real plans to take away and implement
What does it cost?
In-house session: Price on application
What others say
Helen designed and facilitated a staff development session for my team of professional consultants. The day was a resounding success and has made a big difference. The team grasped new concepts and got insights into their own behaviours and attitudes. Team members felt substantially more empowered, through the activities in the session, to make personal changes to increase their work satisfaction. The team agreed unanimously that Helen was a great facilitator. She made them feel very comfortable to have a voice without fear of feeling foolish and made it a fun experience.
~ Pam Guy, Tribal Group
To discuss how this learning might help you or your team, contact us.